The LRT 2 or Light Rail Transit Line 2, known popularly as the Megatren is a rapid transit line in Metro Manila, Philippines.
Also known as Purple Line, it primarily runs from west to east with access to the cities of Manila, San Juan, Quezon City, Marikina, Pasig. In 2021, the line extended outside Metro Manila to Antipolo, Rizal.
What are the stations of LRT 2? Get to know the route of this line to help you in your trip.
- 1 Recto Station LRT 2
- 2 Legarda Station LRT 2
- 3 Pureza Station LRT 2
- 4 V. Mapa Station LRT 2
- 5 J. Ruiz Station LRT 2
- 6 Gilmore Station LRT 2
- 7 Betty Go-Belmonte Station LRT 2
- 8 Araneta Center–Cubao Station LRT 2
- 9 Anonas Station LRT 2
- 10 Katipunan Station LRT 2
- 11 Santolan LRT 2 Station
- 12 Marikina Station LRT 2 – Marikina Pasig Station
- 13 Antipolo Station LRT 2
- 14 LRT 2 FAQs
Recto Station LRT 2
Recto LRT 2 Station is the western terminus of the line and located on Recto Avenue near the districts of Quiapo and Santa Cruz in Manila. It is near the Quiapo Church, schools, colleges, and universities. This is the station you need to alight if you need to connect to LRT 1 station in Doroteo Jose.
Due to its convenient location, the area is thriving with a number of businesses ranging from hotels, lodge, motels, diner, eateries, stores, and malls – most within walking distance of the train station. This is the busiest station along the railway line.
- Isetann Cinerama Recto
- University Belt
- QQ Mall Quiapo
- Odeon Terminal Mall
- Arranque Market
- Cartimar Manila Shopping Center
- Fabella Memorial Hospital
- Manila City Jail (Bilibid Viejo)
- Manila Grand Opera Hotel
- Raon Shopping Center
- Saint Stephen’s High School
- Chiang Kai Shek College
- Philippine College of Health Sciences
- STI College Recto
- Access Computer College-Manila
- Arellano High School
- Philippine College of Criminology
- University of the East (UE)
- Far Eastern University (FEU)
- Quiapo Church
- LRT 1
Legarda Station LRT 2
The station is located in Sampaloc, Manila, and was named after the Legarda Avenue which is nearby. It is near the university belt with several big schools, colleges, and universities.
- Legarda Street
- Mendiola Street
- San Sebastian College
- University of the East (UE)
- Centro Escolar University (CEU)
- San Beda University
- Samson College of Science and Technology
- National Teachers College
- College of the Holy Spirit
- Arellano University
- La Consolacion College
- Victorino Mapa High School
- Sampaloc Public Market
- St. Anthony of Padua Shrine
- Gothic Basilica of San Sebastian
- Our Lady of Loreto Parish
- San Miguel District
- Malacañang Palace
Pureza Station LRT 2
Pureza Station is located in Santa Mesa, Manila and is so named because it is located near Pureza Street.
- Polytechnic University of the Philippines (PUP)
- De Ocampo Memorial College
- AMA Computer College Manila Campus
- Pio Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish and Catholic School del Pilar Elementary School
- Eulogio “Amang” Rodriguez Institute of Science and Technology (EARIST)
- The Station Point
- Nuestra Señora de Salvacion Parish
- Puregold Jr. Pureza
- Savemore Market
- University of Santo Tomas
- AB Liner Inc
- Pasig River Ferry Service
- Philippine National Railways
V. Mapa Station LRT 2
V. Mapa Station is also known as Santa Mesa Station. It serves the Santa Mesa, Manila, San Juan, Quezon City, areas. The station is located near the intersection of V. Mapa Street in Santa Mesa, Manila.
- SM City Sta. Mesa
- Central Colleges of the Philippines
- University of the East Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Medical Center (UERM)
- Immaculate Heart of Mary College
- Mezza Residences
J. Ruiz Station LRT 2
The station is located in San Juan and was named for its location on J. Ruiz Street. It is San Juan’s only train station and is located near the Quezon City border before entering Manila.
- N. Domingo Street
- San Juan City Hall
- Pinaglabanan District
- San Juan Medical Center
- Pinaglabanan Shrine
- St. John the Baptist Church
Gilmore Station LRT 2
Gilmore Station is located near Gilmore Avenue in Quezon City in Mariana, Quezon City.
- Saint Paul University Quezon City
- Saint Joseph’s College of Quezon City
- St. Luke’s Medical Center
- Robinsons Magnolia
- SYKES Asia, Inc. (K-Pointe site)
- Aurora Garden Plaza
- Gilmore I.T. Center
- San Juan and Greenhills Shopping Center
- Broadway Centrum
- Sen. Jose O. Vera Street (Granada Street)
- Our Lady of Mount Carmel Parish
- Xavier School and Immaculate Conception Academy-Greenhills
- Trinity University of Asia
Betty Go-Belmonte Station LRT 2
Beti Go Belmonte Station is in New Manila, Quezon City and is named after Beti Go Belmonte. This station is considered one of the least-used on the line.
- Holy Buddhist Temple
- Cubao Cathedral
- Religious of the Virgin Mary Motherhouse
- Kalayaan College
Araneta Center–Cubao Station LRT 2
Araneta Center Cubao Station, or simply Cubao Station, is in Cubao, Quezon City and named after the old name of Araneta business district.
Araneta Center-Cubao Station is considered as a main terminus of this line and one of the busiest station in LRT 2.
If you need to transfer to MRT 3, this is the station you need to alight.
- Araneta City
- Gateway Mall
- Ali Mall
- Farmers Plaza
- Araneta Center Complex
- Smart Araneta Coliseum
- Project 5 Barangay E. Rodriguez
- Diamond Arcade
- Cubao Elementary School
- MRT 3
Anonas Station LRT 2
Anonas Station is located in Cubao, Quezon City and named for its proximity to Anonas Street.
- Technological Institute of the Philippines
- Saint Joseph Catholic School
- Saint Joseph Parish
- World Citi Medical Center
- Hi-Top Supermart
- Anson Supermart
- Anonas City Center
Katipunan Station LRT 2
Katipunan Station is located on Katipunan Avenue, one of Quezon City’s main thoroughfares. The street is named after the revolutionary group Katipunan.
The train station is located at Loyola Heights in Quezon City. It is the only station underground on the entire line.
- Katipunan Avenue
- Philippine School of Business Administration
- Ateneo de Manila University
- Miriam College
- University of the Philippines Diliman
Santolan LRT 2 Station
Santolan station is on the Marikina-Infanta highway in Marikina, near the Pasig border. From 2003 to 2021, the Santolan station was the eastern terminus of the line. It is the only station on this line that has an island platform.
- Marikina River
- BFCT East Metro Manila Transport Terminal
- College of Arts and Sciences of Asia and the Pacific Marikina
- Bali Oasis
- SM City Marikina
- Riverbanks Center
Marikina Station LRT 2 – Marikina Pasig Station
Marikina Pasig Station is near the three-point boundary between Pasig, Metro Manila, and Cainta, Rizal.
The station is located on the Marikina-Infanta Highway section near the intersection of Felix Avenues and Gil Fernando.
This line is the last stop in Metro Manila before heading to Antipolo. This one of the new new LRT 2 stations
- Sta. Lucia East Grand Mall
- Robinsons Metro East
- Ayala Malls Feliz
- Sta. Lucia Residences
- Barangay San Roque in Marikina
- S&R Marikina
- Marikina Sports Complex
- Gil Fernando Avenue
- APT Studios
- Tropicana Garden City
- Blue Wave Mall
- Marikina City Hall
- Sienna Tower Residences
- Marcos Highway
Antipolo Station LRT 2
Antipolo Station is located in Antipolo, Rizal and is the eastern terminus of the line. The easternmost station on the line, which opened on July 5, 2021, is a new LRT 2 station and is located near the Sumulong Expressway junction of the Marikina Infanta Expressway. This is the first station on the LRT system outside of Metro Manila.
- SM City Masinag
- City Proper of Antipolo
- Diocesan Shrine and Parish of St. Therese of the Child Jesus
- Cornel Medical Center
- Metro Antipolo Hospital and Medical Center
- East Gate Business Center
- Vermont Park Executive Village
- Kingsville Executive Village
- Golden Meadows Executive Village
- Filinvest East Homes
LRT 2 FAQs
Here are some of the common queries by commuters on LRT 2 Stations
What are the LRT 2 Fares?
Following is a table of LRT 2 Fare Matrix.
How to go from LRT 2 to LRT 1?
If you’re coming from LRT 2 and need to go to LRT 1, you can do so via ‘Recto LRT 2 Station’, then to ‘Doroteo Jose LRT 1 Station’.
There’s no direct lrt 1 and lrt 2 connection, so you need to walk to LRT-1 Doroteo Jose Station.
How to go from LRT 2 to MRT 3?
If you need to go to MRT 3 station, you need to alight at the Araneta Cubao LRT 2 Station. You need to enter the connection on the Gateway Mall and then walk towards the pathway to Farmer’s Plaza which has a connection to MRT 3 Araneta Station.
What’s the LRT 2 last trip – LRT 2 closing time?
LRT 2 have different schedules on weekdays, weekends and on some holidays.
- From Mondays to Fridays, the last trip is usually on 10pm.
- On Saturdays and Sundays, the closing time is mostly at 9:30pm.
On holidays, the last train is usually at 9:30pm, though there are occasions they change the time or don’t operate for maintenance. They post the schedules for specific holidays on the LRT 2 stations itself or on their official Twitter account: https://twitter.com/OfficialLRTA.